Westlake Chemical Diverts Almost All Waste from Landfills in Headquarters Renovation
In 2015, Westlake Chemical renovated its Houston headquarters office. When an organization moves or renovates, much of the corporate interior can end up in the landfill. To minimize the potential waste from this renovation, Westlake Chemical partnered with Green Standards, a leading provider in managing office surplus to resale, recycle and find places for charitable donations. Through our efforts, we were able to divert almost 100% from landfills. According to our partner, this diversion resulted in the following environmental and community benefits.
Our environmental benefit resulted in:
- 158 tons of materials diverted from landfill
- 553 tons of CO2 emissions reduced
- This is equal to:
- Reducing gasoline consumption by 61,971 gallons
- Growing 14,165 tree seedlings for 10 years
- Offsetting electricity use from 76 homes for 1 year
- In addition, to our environmental stewardship, we gave donations of used office furniture to support local community organizations.